22-04-2017 11:39 via 10tv.com

Afghan official: Gunmen attacked army base, 100 casualties

Gunmen wearing army uniforms stormed a military compound in the Balkh province, killing or wounding more than 100 army personnel, an Afghan official said Saturday.Daulat Waziri, spokesman for the Afghanistan Ministry of Defense, said the attack a day earlier on a compound of the 209th Corps of the Afghan National Army left dozens of soldiers and other personnel dead or wounded.Gunmen entered the compound with a military vehicle and began shooting at soldiers as they prayed in a mosque, he said.W
Read more »