12-07-2017 01:55 via ktva.com

Measles kills 35 children in ‘unacceptable tragedy’

LONDON — The World Health Organization says measles has killed 35 children in Europe in the last year, calling it an “unacceptable tragedy” that deaths are being caused by a vaccine-preventable disease.
The figure is nearly a threefold increase since 2016, when measles killed 13 children in Europe. In 2015, it killed three.
In a statement Tuesday, the U.N. health agency said the most recent death was a 6-year-old boy in Italy, where there have been more than 3,300 cases and two
Read more »