14-09-2021 13:00 via feedproxy.google.com

See inside the refurbished Lambeth Town Hall

On the corner of busy Brixton’s main road is Lambeth Town Hall, a grand municipal building that has recently completed a major refurbishment. And tours were held for this year’s Open House Weekend.
The building was constructed for Lambeth Council in 1906-08 in the Edwardian Baroque style, and opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales on 29 April 1908. A later extension was opened by the same Princess of Wales in 1938, who was by now Queen Mary.Over the years, bomb damage and the gra
Read more »